Having your flat roof replaced can be an intimidating, exhausting project. Having the crew from Chase Roofing by your side can make it significantly less so. When you hire Chase to replace your flat roof, we will walk you through the best solutions for your building and circumstances and then go to work to replace your roof in an efficient, courteous manner.
Call Chase Roofing today to experience the gold standard in flat roof replacement and professional, friendly customer service – (757) 276-1110.
Flat Roof Solutions For Commercial Buildings
Here is a brief overview of the options Chase Roofing has available for your new flat roof:
- Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM or rubber) – Rubber is the traditional roof system of choice for flat or low-sloping roofs. Sheets of rubber roof membrane are unrolled and glued down or mechanically fastened (nails, screws). Because their black color absorbs heats and can run up utility bills, most rubber roofs are coated with a light-colored, reflective coating. Rubber roofs last anywhere from 20-30 years with proper maintenance.
- Built-up (BUR) – BUR is essentially multiple layers of tar paper and asphalt-based roofing tar, all topped with gravel or a reflective coating, again to reduce heat absorption and improve durability. BUR is one of the less expensive options, but the heavy weight and high maintenance of this roofing material makes it less attractive.
- Modified Bitumen – Modified bitumen is also an asphalt-based product. It comes in rolls that can be adhered to the roof via a special glue or a heat torch. This roofing material also requires a reflective coating to reduce heat absorption and increase durability.
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) – PVC roofing is made from two layers of PVC plastic with polyester added in between the layers to reinforce it. PVC sheets are heat welded together, creating a roofing system that is impermeable to moisture. As an added benefit, PVC roofs are naturally white!
- Thermoplastic Olefin (TPO)– Although newer to the roofing industry, TPO is an excellent flat roof material. A single-ply, rubber-based reflective roofing membrane, TPO is a flexible, fabric-like membrane that can be fully adhered or mechanically attached. TPO is white on top, which aids in reflecting the sun’s light and reduces heat buildup inside the building.
- Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF) – Spray polyurethane foam is an amazing flat roof replacement option that doesn’t require you to tear off your old roof! With SPF, one of our contractors simply sprays a foaming mixture of 2 liquids over your existing roof to create a seamless, monolithic covering.
Free Flat Roof Replacement Estimates
Chase Roofing has more than 20 years of proven performance and experience replacing and maintaining commercial flat roofs throughout the state of Virginia. No matter the size or the complexity of the project, Chase Roofing has the team, expertise, resources, and tools to handle the job.
To schedule an appointment for an inspection or to speak with one of our service representative regarding flat roof replacement or a professional estimate, give us a call today at (757) 276-1110.