Chase Commercial Roofing is one of Virginia’s top commercial roofing contractors. Our commitment to outstanding customer service, unparalleled workmanship, and high quality products sets us apart from the competition. Among our many offerings, we offer repairs and installation of single-ply roofing systems.
Single-ply roofing is a popular choice for commercial and industrial buildings, due to its durability and longevity. Read on to learn more about what Chase Commercial Roofing can do for you, or call us at (757) 276-1110 today.
Single-Ply Roofing 101
Single-ply is one of the most cost-effective commercial roofing systems available today. Unlike most traditional systems, which involve setting down layers of roofing, single-ply (as the name implies) requires only a single layer of material.
That single layer of material differs, depending on what type of single-ply roofing you opt for. There are three to choose from:
1) EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer) or rubber
Rubber roofs are the material of choice for low sloping commercial roofs. They are usually black and can be fully adhered (glued down), mechanically fastened (nails, screws), or ballasted. Rubber roofs are prized for their ease of installation and longevity (up to 50 years).
2) TPO (thermoplastic olefin)
TPO, also known as plastic roofing, typically comes in white, and is sealed along the seams via heat welding. A major benefit of TPO roofs is their reflectivity, effectively reducing your building’s heat gain and dropping utility costs.
3) PVC (polyvinyl chloride)
Similar to TPO, PVC is a “cool” roofing system, and a good choice for areas where standing water is a common issue.
Single-Ply Membrane Roofing Advantages
At Chase Commercial Roofing, we understand that deciding what roofing material to go with can be an overwhelming decision. That is why we walk our valued clients through it every step of the way. Here’s what here’s what you should know about single-ply roofing systems:
- Single-ply roofing systems are easy to install. Less material = less manpower and faster installation. Because the membranes are lightweight, they can be installed quickly.
- Single-plies are cost efficient. Ease of installation and durability equate to reduced costs. Reflective cool roof options add to savings by dropping energy costs.
- Single-ply systems are durable when it comes to environmental factors, such as rain, wind, and hail. One drawback to single-ply roofing is its susceptibility to damage from foot traffic. If you anticipate frequent visitors to your commercial rooftop, consider other options.
If single-ply roofing sounds like a good option for your commercial roof, call Chase Commercial Roofing today at (757) 276-1110 to consult with one of our friendly, knowledgeable roofing experts.